The Center for Global Communication Studies (CGCS) at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania periodically offers exciting paid internship opportunities to qualified candidates looking to gain experience and knowledge in the field of international media law and policy. The CGCS Media Policy Fellowship is open to students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate studies, recent graduates with a Bachelor’s degree, and early professionals interested in global communication issues and media development.
Application Deadline: Closed
Please submit all application materials (CV, cover letter, writing sample) to email@example.com with the subject line: CGCS Internship.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting CGCS staff with research, writing and editing reports, copyediting book chapters and other studies.
- Compiling the Center’s monthly newsletter and other correspondence including the CGCS Media Law Roundup.
- Assisting with website and social media maintenance.
- Creating and editing announcements for the Center’s other activities.
- Conference/event planning and support; helping book hotels and airfare; creating information packets; tracking conference participants; etc.
- Executing minor administrative tasks as needed.
- Promoting content on the blog across social media platforms
- Maintaining, cultivating and expanding an active contributor database of scholars, academics and media-minded professionals
- Creating and editing announcements for the Center’s other activities via Constant Contact.
- At minimum Bachelor’s degree or enrollment in a Bachelor’s program required;
- Strong writing and editorial skills; copy-editing experience a plus;
- Familiarity with WordPress.org and social media management (Facebook, Twitter);
- Attention to detail;
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment ;
- Event management experience a plus;
- Proven research and analytical skills;
- Interest and passion for international media issues highly appreciated.
Note: CGCS CANNOT sponsor visas for this internship. Applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.